Quality & Food Safety
Martin Ziegler is leading the Bonney–Ziegler Group’s Management Systems, Quality & Food Safety practice. Martin is an executive with over 20 years of experience in food safety, quality, management systems, and process improvement practices. He is dedicated to his work and a natural at guiding, training and engaging companies through the implementation process of quality and food safety management systems. Martin is passionate about achieving success for his client with a track record that gains him customer loyalty. He looks at each project as a customized solution to meet near-term needs while accommodating for longer-term process improvements and sustainability.
Certifications and Expertise
- ISO 9001:2015 Lead Auditor
- SQF – Safe Quality Food
- FSSC/ISO 22000 Lead Auditor
- IFS – International Food Standard Lead Auditor
- BRC – British Retail Consortium Lead Auditor
- ISO 13485
- AS 9100
- IATF 16949:2016 Lead Auditor
- IATF 16949:2016 AIAG certified 2nd party Auditor
- ISO 14001:2015 Lead Auditor
- FSPCA Preventive Controls for Human Food – PCQI – Lead Instructor
- FSPCA Foreign Supplier Verification Programs – FSVP – Lead Instructor
- ServSafe ® registered Instructor
- ServSafe ® registered Proctor
- Guide the implementation of Food Safety plans and systems required by the final rules of the FDA Food Safety Modernization Act (FSMA).
- Guide the implementation of management system standards and enable customers to be acquire international certifications.
- Provide Food Safety and Quality Management subject matter expertise appropriate for executives, management, supervisors and staff-level team members.
- Conduct gap assessments against international QMS and FSMS standards.
- Analyze the organization’s processes to uncover inefficiencies, hidden costs and time traps and recommend practical and time-sensitive solutions to improve current systems.
- Perform walk-around site audits to document gaps where standards are not being met and suggest approaches for resolution.
- Assist with and report on findings resulting from internal and second party food safety audits to existing international standards to ensure the company produces safe food, follows Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) and other applicable requirements.
- Perform internal quality or food safety audits to existing international standards to confirm compliance, identify possible non-conformances and suggest opportunities for improvements.
- Support teams with preparation activities for an upcoming audit; including planning, documentation reviews and recommendations for a successful audit.
- Evaluate supplier-provided compliance checks and audits finding to recommend remediation plans to address gaps where requirements are not being met.
Seminars and Instructor Led Training
- Food Safety Seminars tailored to company needs and all GFSI standards
- HACCP training for staff and management, including the transfer of knowledge to support a train-the-trainer program.
- FSPCA training “Preventive Controls for Human Food” (FDA recognized training curriculum for preventive controls qualified individuals (PCQI’s)
- FSPCA training “Foreign Supplier Verification Programs” training
- Corrective action and root cause analysis training
- Internal Auditor training for QMS and FSMS
- GMP and Hygiene training
- Food Recall and Food Defense training
- ServSafe ® Food protection manager training and certification of participants