Any project or initiative within an organization inevitably introduces some type of change that impacts one or more of the following operational components:
• Systems and technologies
• Roles and responsibilities
• Organizational charts and structures
• Business processes and productivity level
Ultimately these shifts have consequences that can affect people’s jobs and the way work gets done in that organization.
Patty leads the Change Management work for clients who seek help with understanding the impact of these types of changes upon their organizations. She builds strategies and plans that align individuals with the consequences of altering a current state. Think of her as your work-life architect, as she designs plans that help your people visualize their destination and guides them through a skills- building process, step-by-step, to get there.
Change Management Strategies and Planning
• Provide one-on-one consulting services in support of a major change within your organization.
• Facilitate goal-setting sessions and workshops to define plans and critical interim steps required to move to a future-state.
• Conduct an impact analysis and design an assessment report detailing how a change will impact an organization’s structure, processes, job roles, systems and/or culture.
• Produce a stakeholder/audience analysis to determine who are the people impacted by the change, the differences between their current and future roles, and who will be the key supporters in coaching and influencing people to change.
• Determine the scope of a project’s change initiative and design change activities aligned with the existing project’s milestones and goals.
• Develop a full-scale change management strategy, including, but not limited to, the development of a change roadmap, risk mitigation plans and readiness assessments.
• Design a set of change management methodologies to apply to standard processes within a department, division, or organization.
• Build a full-service communications strategy providing start-to-finish execution; develop and implement consistent messages using a variety of methods targeted to specific audiences.
• Support executive leadership communications through speech writing, presentations design, or development of communiqués, talking points, FAQ documents, town halls, and webinars.
• Design, plan and execute communications plans for various types of launches: new systems, facility renovations, mergers and acquisitions, employee recognition and yearly benefit enrollment programs, revised policies, and crisis reaction plans.
• Write storyboards for messaging related to change and manage third-party vendors, such as graphic designers and videographers, to ensure all visual elements, color and layout are aligned with the message(s) being presented.
• Manage the rollout of a training program aligned with an initiative’s key milestones, and provide direction to internal staff and/or third party vendors.
• Conduct an audience analysis and design appropriate training strategies for each target group.
• Create full-service training programs for project managers, including analysis, design, development, implementation and evaluation. Types of programs can include instructor-led, web-based, and/or self-paced instruction- via our preferred partners.
Sponsorship / Change Leadership
• Design sponsorship programs that coach upper-level managers to support a change initiative, including documentation of rationale statements used for consistent communications.
• Manage the design and implementation of change leadership training to help organizations build internal skills required to manage people through change – via our preferred partners.
If you are a client who is grasping for the meaning and importance of change management, Patty can spell it out in easy-to-understand language so that project managers and leaders can identify with its intended outcomes. She applies various standard approaches, including Procsi and ADDIE, to outline key activities and timelines that guide people through a natural evolution of change.